5 Reasons to Fight Your DWI Case in New Hampshire
December 15, 2014 Leave a comment
5 Reasons to Fight Your DWI Case in New Hampshire by Salem, NH Criminal Defense DUI Attorney Mark Stevens 603.893.0074 (24/7 or roadside)
You may feel as if your life is over after getting arrested for a DWI in New Hampshire. Attorney Mark Stevens has seen many people whom contact him for advice after they pleaded guilty to a DWI. Unfortunately for them, it is too late. The arrest and conviction will be on their record forever. These folks have trouble getting jobs, moving to new apartments, getting approved for loans. It’s sad to see. If only we would’ve been able to reach them BEFORE they were convicted; things may have been different.
It’s so important to fight your DWI charges. Your freedom, your driver’s license and your job could be at risk if you plead guilty. These are just a few of the reasons why fighting the charges may be the best decision you can make after a New Hampshire DWI arrest:
• The prosecution may not be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you are guilty. A New Hampshire DWI defense attorney will look at the ins-and-outs of your case and may notice that there are defenses. Maybe the police officer didn’t operate the breath test machine properly. Perhaps the breath machine wasn’t calibrated correctly and misread your BAC level. An experienced DWI attorney can find these issues and argue them for you.
• The consequences of a DWI can put a huge roadblock in your life. Think about what it is like to not have a driver’s license. There are so many things you can’t do without one, beyond just driving. Now, think about what it is like to go to jail. It’s a scary thought, right? However, jail is definitely a possibility if you plead guilty to certain types of New Hampshire DWI charges, like aggravated DWI or DWI subsequent charges. What would happen if you lost your job? What would happen if you can’t get a job 10 years from now because of this mistake? It’s not fair, but it’s exactly what happens to many of those who plead guilty.
• Fighting your case can actually be cheaper than pleading guilty. The average costs for a DWI conviction can be higher than the legal fees for a DWI. If you plead guilty, you will likely have court costs and fines. In addition, you may have to get transportation to and from work for an extended period of time after your license is suspended, your insurance premium will go sky-high, you could lose your job. It is worth it? Probably not. The best thing to do may be to hire a lawyer and fight the case.
• A skilled New Hampshire DWI attorney has the knowledge you need to fight your case. We have all seen TV courtroom dramas, but don’t think you can fight your New Hampshire DWI on that knowledge alone. There is a New Hampshire DWI lawyer waiting for your call to help someone like you fight their DWI: an attorney who defends people after their DWI arrests.
• There is still hope. You shouldn’t give up without a fight. If you fight your charges you will have a chance to save your license and your freedom. If you plead guilty, you will lose any opportunity to have your DWI charges dropped. If you fight, you have a chance of coming out of this situation unscathed. Why not try? You have a Constitutional right to a trial –take that right and fight!
Call the Law Offices of Mark Stevens today at 1-603-893-0074 to arrange a free initial consultation. We look forward to speaking with you about your case! Please contact Attorney Mark Stevens at 1-603-893-0074 TODAY or visit NHCrime.com if you have been charged with DWI or aggravated DWI. Schedule your free consultation right now!
Attorney Mark Stevens
Law Offices of Mark Stevens, 5 Manor Pkwy. Salem, NH 03079